Monday, January 25, 2010

Week Three Begins

I'll be honest, Week Two was a terrible week for me with regards to exercise.  My half-marathon was over and I entered my usual post-event slump.  To start the week, I just couldn't shake being tired.  I gave myself Monday and Tuesday off to recover.  I did a short run on Wednesday and felt really good.  Then Thursday and Friday flew past and despite my best intentions, I was just plain lazy!  I ran on Saturday, but it was tough.  Then once again, the laziness hit on Sunday.  I hate to admit it, but I did not meet my exercise goals this week.  I'm annoyed with myself, but I know it was a temporary set-back.  Nothing worth beating myself up over.  It will be used as motivation for Week Three!   

On the flip-side, I did well with my eating goal this week.  I continued to drink plenty of water and focused on getting fruits and vegetables in.  It's kind of crazy that I have to make myself set a goal of getting more fruits and vegetables, because I love both.  But, I tend to get lazy with my eating at times and skimp on the healthy stuff because I haven't made it to the store to stock up on fresh fruit/veggies.

I know some of you did great this week, while others struggled.  Regardless of how Week Two went, refocus and decide what Week Three will hold for you. 

Week Three for me means getting back to my exercise habits (listed in Week 1 and 2) and using one running day as a speedwork day.  My eating goal is to cut out at least 2 of my Chai Lattes this week.  I can substitute my calorie-laden drink for a calorie-free tea and save around 250+ calories!  (This is a tough one for me.  I do love my morning Chai!)  

So, I enter Week Three with no weight lost or gained.  It's time to get busy and make things happen!  Lazy Week Two is over.  I WILL get moving this week!

How was your week?  Don't forget to check in!  Once I hear from all of you, I will add a running total to this post, so you can see how the 5 in 5 group as a whole is doing!

Note: Total pounds lost, so far : Seven!  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i didn't feel like it was a great week for me, but it was okay. i'm down 2 lbs in 2 weeks and i guess that's the ultimate measure.

but i failed miserably on my quest to drink more water.

Michelle said...

It was busy and I ate out too much because we were out of town. Somehow I was down 1.5. . .THANK GOODNESS!!