Monday, January 18, 2010

5 in 5 - Week Two Begins

Week One of the 5 in 5 Challenge is complete.  How did you do on your goals for the week?
My goal of drinking one bottle of water by lunchtime and a second before I left work was successful 6 out of 7 days.  My exercise goal was also successful, however, my lifting workouts were lighter than I would have liked - due to my half-marathon preparation.

My weight was unchanged as of this morning.  I actually was quite relieved, as I was expecting it to go up after my half-marathon on Sunday.  I anticipate better results next week!   How was your weigh-in this morning?

The next step today is tweaking your goals.   Don't quit doing the good things you started doing last week!  Just do something different - add a new goal to your list or change something about your current goals.  If you were unsuccessful with last week's goals, make the necessary changes to allow for your success. 

Here's my plan for Week Two:

Exercise - Continue Week One goals of 3 running days and 3 lifting/strength days. 
Begin to up the intensity (3 sets of each exercise) of my lifting days towards the end of the week - once my body is fully recovered from the half-marathon.

Eating - Continue Week One goal of drinking at least 2 bottles of water during the day.
Make sure I eat at least 3 servings of vegetables everyday and at least 2 servings of fruit.



It's time to make your plan - if you haven't already.  And, make sure you check in regarding how Week One went and what you plan to do for Week Two. 

Good luck and be healthy!  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As I indicated per email, i'm down 1.2 lbs. Woot!

Keeping up with the same stuff as last week, plus trying to increase my water intake this week.

Go go go!