Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The 5 in 5 Challenge!

With the start of 2010 came many New Year's Resolutions.  Unfortunately, the statistics for keeping those resolutions is staggeringly negative.  I prefer to avoid resolutions in favor of setting goals that have a shorter time frame and realistic, achievable steps.  As you may already know, my previous goal of running the Cascade Half Marathon has almost been achieved.  With the run less than two weeks away, I've decided it's time to start thinking about my next goal.  (I've found that too much downtime between goals can be detrimental!)  And, I am challenging you to join me on this one.  Next Monday, January 11, the 5 in 5 Challenge will begin. 

I am challenging myself, and you, to lose 5 pounds in 5 weeks.  Realistically and healthfully, a person can lose 1-2 pounds per week, so some of you may lose more. (If you do not have 5 pounds to lose, please do not accept this challenge!) The key here is to lose that 5 pounds AND keep it off after the 5 weeks is over.  The focus is lifestyle change.  Not dieting or extreme exercise, but healthy eating and regular exercise. 

How does it work?  Between now and Monday make a list of at least one thing you will do differently with your eating and your exercise this next week.  On Monday you will weigh in and make your changes for the week.  The following week you will weigh in again and have a list of what you will change the next week, for a total of five weeks.  Making just 1-2 changes each week will make your goal achievable and will keep your body surprised so that it will give you results each week. 

Those of you who are current clients at The Fitness Studio - you will check in with me weekly to weigh in and share your changes with me.  I will share my progress with you, as well!

So, how about it?  Who will join me in for the 5 in 5 Challenge?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Good idea! 5lbs in 5wks doesn't sound intimidating.

Unknown said...

okay, i am trying AGAIN. starting weight as determined this monday was 126.4.

Unknown said...

(i'm starting this week vs next week because I actually started...you get the point)