Monday, February 1, 2010

Week Four is Here!

Week Three has ended and I can't even tell you my official results this week as I forgot to weigh-in first thing this morning.  I can tell you I was down one pound on Friday and Saturday, so there's a good chance I will finally have a negative number!  (It helps to re-focus!)

I did meet this week's goals for both eating and exercise, however, I think I need to refresh my memory regarding all my goals.  I believe I slacked a couple of days this week on my veggie/fruit goal from Week 2.  I would encourage you to do the same, by writing out all your goals so far and keeping them somewhere visible.

Week One:
Exercise - 3 running days, 3 lifting days
Eating - At least 2 bottles of water during the day

Week Two:
Exercise - Up the intensity of lifting workouts - 3 sets (This goal I did slack on - time to remember it!)
Eating - At least 3 servings of vegetables and 2 of fruit daily.

Week Three:
Exercise - Make one running day a speedwork day
Eating - Cut out at least 2 Chai lattes this week 

And, finally, my goals for Week Four: 
Exercise - Include plyometrics (various jumping drills) with one lifting workout this week.
Eating - Track eating (on paper!)  It's easy to forget how much you've eaten.  A visual reminder is extremely helpful.
Limit my Chai latte intake to 3-4 this week.

I know some of you are struggling and frustrated with the weight loss process at times.  Remember, losing weight is NOT easy!  You have to work at it every day.  Don't expect magic to happen.  You have to make this happen for yourself.  Remember, it takes a calorie deficit of 3.500 calories to lose 1 pound!  In order to lose 1 pound in a week, you must create a deficit of 500 calories per day!  Do this with a combination of healthy eating and consistent exercise.  

Look at what you've done in the past three weeks.  What has worked and what hasn't?  Adjust accordingly!  Feeling stuck?  Ask for help.  I'm happy to help.  Let's make this happen.  

Set measureable, challenging, realistic goals for yourself this week.   "If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got."     

2 comments:

Unknown said...

breaking it down to a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day is helpful.

my week 4 plan is ot focus on that deficit each day - one day at at time.

my weighin was not good. back up a lb from last week. but with a new focus one day at a time, I am confident I can get it back!

Michelle said...

A GREAT place to track eating is on the livestrong website. They have the "daily plate". If you don't need anything too fancy it is free!