Tuesday, February 16, 2010

5 in 5 Challenge Wraps Up - Now What?

It was 5 weeks of ups and downs for all of us participating in the 5 in 5 Challenge.  But, that's how life always is.  You can't expect things to always be easy sailing - in any aspect!  In weight loss especially.  We are constantly bombarded with temptations and interruptions.  But, having a goal to work towards and plans in place to deal with those interruptions and temptations is what will help you be successful. 

My 5 weeks resulted in a 2 pound weight loss.  No, it wasn't 5, but I haven't failed.  I made some necessary changes to my exercise and eating that I plan to continue.  And, just because the 5 weeks is over, doesn't mean I'm done.  For me quitting would be failure.  My overall goal is lifelong fitness, so the journey continues - and I hope it does for you, too!

Whether you met your weight loss goal or not, I encourage you to look back over the last five weeks.  What changes did you make that were successful?  What didn't work well for you?  What changes should be permanent?   True success in improved health and fitness is lifestyle change.  Diets and temporary increases in exercise will only bring temporary results.  What will you commit to in the way of lifestyle change?

Also remember that the number on the scale is only a piece of the overall picture.  How has your body composition changed?  Does it look or feel differently?  How are your clothes fitting?  Often that number on the scale becomes our sole focus and we forget to look at the positive changes we've made - both inside and out.  

So, as you look back on the last 5 weeks, focus on the successes you've had and decide what's next for you.  What goal/challenge will you set to continue your quest towards better health and fitness?  

If the accountability of the 5 in 5 Challenge is something you need, I am happy to continue to check in with you weekly and encourage you to set regular goals for yourself.  Let me know how I can help you.  

Thanks to all who participated!  May your challenge continue.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Good words of wisdom!

Unknown said...

I totally agree with what you said. And I didn't achieve 5lbs either.

But did learn a few things about what works for me.

And I'd love some accountability for a few more weeks. :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.