Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Quick, Healthy Dinner Find - at Costco!

I'll be honest, I'm lazy when it comes to cooking.  I want healthy food that involves the least amount of prep possible.  So, when I discovered these chicken breast skewers at Costco, I had to try them.  

I have to say, I was quite surprised at how good they were.  First of all, it was actually all white meat!  Each skewer is just 100 calories (and I found 2 skewers to be plenty for me.)  And even though it comes with a packet of sauce, the chicken has good flavor without it.  However, the sauce is quite tasty and I would recommend you add it for a nice pop of flavor.  Just remember, a little goes a long way.  (1 tablespoon = 20 calories)

As for prep, the skewers were quick and easy - just my style!  Throw them in the microwave, oven, or even on the grill for a few minutes and they are ready to go.  Just add a side of brown rice or even yakisoba noodles, add some veggies and dinner is ready!  (Soba noodles are higher in calories, but good for those of you who need more protein in your diet - 1 cup has 275 calories, but 10g of protein.) 

Enjoy a quick and healthy dinner tonight! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'll have to see if they have those at our local costco